Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ipsy Bag: May 2014

Hi all! I always love receiving my Ipsy Bag in the mail and couldn't be more excited when it came in the mail today! Unfortunately, this was the first month that I've been disappointed since I subscribed a few months back. Looking at the "Glam Room" there were a lot of great products I wish I would have gotten instead. Nevertheless, I'm still very happy with this subscription and hope next month will be a bit better!  Let's take a look at what I got.






The Subscription Box: Ipsy 
The Cost: $10 a month (free shipping)
The Products: Full size and samples of makeup and beauty products. (Plus a makeup bag!)
Ships to: US and Canada

Despite everything I don't like about this month's bag--I actually LOVE the bag. It's a canvas material and is my favorite that I've received to date!


Crown Brush Pro Blending Fluff Brush (C433): ($5.49) Although I have a lot of makeup brushes, this brush will come in handy! I'm excited to final try out a Crown brush.

Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo "Moonbeam & Unicorn": ($8?) I was searching on Pacifica's website and they actually are not selling this so I had to estimate on the guess. Possibly its a discontinued product or has not been released yet. Nevertheless, the packaging looks very cheap and I am not a fan of the colors at all. The other color option this month was more of a neutral, golden shade which I would have preferred instead. This will be going in my bag of things to give away.


Hang Ten - Classic Sport SPF50: (1 oz. $2.17) Personally, I am not a fan of getting skin care products. With summer practically here in Florida, it will get put to use but I already have piles of sunscreen laying around my apartment. I would have liked to try something a bit more unique.

Pur-lisse - Pur-moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer: (.05 oz. $1.62) Another skin care product -- I could have dealt with one in my bag but not happy with two. I even mentioned on my "beauty quiz" that I did not want any skin products.



Nailtini "Champagne": ($13) This nail polish alone is worth more than the bag itself and it's the one thing I LOVE. Very big size, and I really like the color too. 


Cost of Bag: $10
Value of Bag: $30.28 plus a cute makeup bag!

Overall, I wasn't widely impressed this month but I have hope for next month! The value, after all, was still great...I just personally care for some of the products.


1 comment: